Sunday, July 25, 2010

That "Good" Salad

This is not my creation....I found this recipe by Betty Lamb after a google search.   But it's awesome.   Love it.   Huge huge hit at a party I had recently and I was asked for the recipe.   I thought I would share.

3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I just squeezed 2 large lemons)
2 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 romaine hearts ripped into bite sized pieces
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped cucumber
2/3 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
bacon bits (I left on side but you can mix in 1/2 cup if you like)
1 cup cesar croutons

In a jar with a tight fitting lid combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper.   Shake and chill in fridge.
Prepare rest of salad except croutons.   Add dressing and toss.  Add croutons and serve immediately.
It's amazing!   It makes a HUGE bowl, great for parties.   Definitely cut the recipe if you are just making it for a few people or else add the recipe individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment